Social Distancing. Together
For the second Long Distance Dinner Party, we kept it simple, options were:
A) Black bean Lime Tacos – WINNER!
B) Broccoli Stilton soup
Both are quick, easy, and don’t have hard to find essential ingredients.
When is it?
We’ll be cooking together for the second time on Thursday 2nd April at 6.30PM GMT
How do I join?
We’re going to keep trying an Instagram Live. So follow me on @sophiewilliamsofficial and we’ll see how that goes. If it’s no good, we’ll try something different next time around.
(You can cook along on the livestream, but not have any pressure to join in. You can just watch and comment if you like, but no one is going to force you to broadcast yourself to the internet!
Also, if you only want to hang out and not cook, or cook something different, go ahead – this is just about having some time together.)
To make things as accessible as possible, I’ve broken things down into Essentials, and Nice To Have’s. I’ll be honest, it will be tricky to make the bare essentials ‘The Best Ever’, so if you have any of the nice to haves, they’ll go a long way!
I know it’s weird to have the tortilla wraps as a ‘nice to have’ for a taco meal, but I’m not sure how easy everyone is going to find them to get hold of.
For the salad, whatever you’ve got that’s fresh will work. Maybe it’s lettuce, or spinach, or a carrot on it’s last legs! Whatever it is, we’ll make it work.
As for spices, search in the back of that spice rack, what’s hiding back there? If you’ve got something that you think miiight work, but you’re just not sure, drop me a message and we’ll figure it out.
Share the things you cook on Instagram with the hashtag #LDDP so we can all see what you’ve made!
This is surprisingly simple, and totally yum.
At 6.30 – Once we’re all together, this is what we’ll do:
- Wash hands
- Prep. We’ll start by getting the ingredients ready – there’s not to much prep in this one – just need to peel and cut up the garlic. We’ll prep salad veg later.
- Open the black bean tins. Don’t throw away the juice!
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat, add garlic and olive oil
- Add spices when the garlic starts to brown
- Add the beans and their liquid to the pan, lower the heat, simmer for 10-15 mins.
- Take off the heat and season with salt
- Salad making time, chop up the fresh vegetables you have
- If you have avocado, we’re going to make guacamole. Carefully deseed your avocado, scoop out the flesh, add to a bowl with salt and a drizzle of oil and mash with a fork or potato masher. Add a squeeze of lemon and grind of pepper.
- If you have tortillas and a gas hob this is your time to shine – we’re going to be charring the edges on the hob top. If, like me you have an electric oven, we’re going to pop them under the grill for a minute or so.
- We’re done! It’s yum!
- Chat time! Talk about how you’re getting on in the first few weeks of social distancing, and for some, self-isolation.